Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thoughts and a triumphant return

I such a bad blogger. Oopie! But considering the fact that getting my booty to the library to do philosophy reading won't be happening mighty soon, thought I'd do something semi-productive, amirite?

OK, so I just had kinda sorta an epiphany. Well, basically I realized that I should just shut the fuck up when it comes to post-grad plans -- because I do have a rather good option on my plate. Maybe I should stop crying about whether or not I should go to law school or try to find a job/internship, because some of my friends don't have any options at all! I'm surprised they haven't choked me yet, quite honestly.

Even now as I write this though, I'm still not 100 percent sold on law school. I wish it was all like a logic proof, but sadly, it's not. There's not one clear cut answer. On the one hand, I'd save myself a helluva a lot of time and effort not applying for internships. I'm a second-semester senior, honestly I just want to do my homework as quickly as possible and do a lot of weeknight drinking. Also, going off on the matter of wasting time, that would turn all of my LSAT preparation (all two times of it!) into a big waste of time. Although, since in the real world things do change and don't always go according to plan, that means theoretically something probably was a big waste of time.

Moving home isn't the worst thing in the world. I mean, it's not like I'm from Bumsville, middle of nowhere, USA. As much as I like the mid-atlantic region of Richmond/D.C., it is COLD. It snowed (not a lot though) in the middle of the night, and it's almost April for goodness sake. New Orleans, although cold enough to satisfy my winter wardrobe cravings, is certainly balmier. And I've got the art of hair straightening down to a science so my puffy locks of high school are dunzo. And on the other hand, who says I have to STAY in NOLA once I'm through with school? Yes, Civil Code versus Common Law yada yada, but you can technically take the bar exam in any state, really. A big headache I'm sure but seriously what isn't these days.

Also -- lawyers make BANK. Am I motivated by money? Yes. Am I ashamed? Only a little. Could I eventually make the big buck$ doing something else? Possibly. But my vision of 10, 20 years down the road as working in a PR firm is a bit hazy. But I can clearly see myself being a lady lawyer. And if I don't end up meeting my dreamboat (Jewish doctors/lawyers I am still looking, but I'll take anyone seriously) I want to be able to support myself and be able to afford to go on singles cruises ya know?*

Wow. I think WAY too much. About things like these and what I'm going to eat for dinner, not about ConLaw or Philosophy or what not.

*Um, that's a joke. Patti Stanger says those things are no way to meet a man. I need to be a millionaire so I can join her Millionaire's Club, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment