Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hand me the Geritol

OK, so apparently at the tender age of 21 I am too old to go to the lodges. I've been saying this all semester, and after finally making it last night ... I was right.

"I just wanna daaaaance" basically sums it up. Seriously. All I want to do is dance. With my friends/by myself jumping around like a loon. I do not want to dance with any boys, espeically any freshmen/sophomores (sorry to the boy who looked like he was 14 that I ditched like twice last night. The first time all of a sudden all my gals were gone and so I just sort of ran away. And the second time it was during Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling" and so I literally told him: "This is my jam. I have to jam out to it. By myself." He got the message.)

Maybe this just had to do with the fact that we were at SAE, the only lodge that was open, and I'm not particularly fond of that frat, and the music BLEW. Seriously, Black Eyed Peas was the only good thing in a sea of weird techno. All I wanted was my Rihanna, guys.

Watching guys and girls grinding, watching guys and girls making out ... hmm it was all weird and voyeuristic. Don't think I was drunk enough. Shout-out to the attractive black male who asked me to dance. Yes, he ASKED, instead of being a creeper and just grinding away. I turned him down, because after all, it was my jam, but I appreciated it nonetheless.

Oh, and my feet got really really dirty. Damn lodge floors. Direct quote from me as we are exiting the lodge: "My blister's acting uppp!" See, I sound like a grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment