Wednesday, June 23, 2010

High Skool

Yesterday I had a hankering to find my senior yearbook (mainly to tally up how many girls are in sororities - 21 out of 40, fyi), and then I got distracted looking at our senior candids.

My friends Shelby and Hannah wrote the caption, and they truly deserve an award. If I had a computer scanner I would put it here, but alas I don't. Just picture me, in ugly glasses, as a book nerd. That really is all.

But anyway, what I REALLY wanted to share from high school was this. I was cleaning out my room over the weekend and found a bunch of papers from my senior year Creative Writing class. There were truly some gems. Honestly, I crack myself up! I think this is from the 'free writing' session we'd usually do at the beginning of class.

"Honestly, why is there a tree in the classroom. Next thing you know, another one will pop up; soon after, the whole place will be a forest. We'll be trying to learn with woodland creatures underfoot. And then one of us will be eaten by a bear. It'll probably be me, because I'm slow and have no street smarts. I always though that I would rather die by bear than alligator or crocidile, since I am absolutely terrified by those, But I'd probably die a lot faster. One chomp and you're gone. A beat most likely would rip me to shreds while I'm still alive."

What! Why? Who knows...

And then there was a list of things that was wrong with my life at the moment (gosh I can be such a Negative Nancy). I'll spare you most of the idiocy, but the last item on the list: "I'm wearing an ugly, oversized bowling shirt!"

Hahahaha, glad that was included. Thanks, high school me!

No comments:

Post a Comment