Tuesday, June 22, 2010

PB & J Cookies

So last Saturday night I got bit by the baking bug. Which was really weird, because I'd just gotten home from eating my weight in lebanese food, but who knows. Actually, I'd spent the better part of my afternoon poking around We Are Not Martha (love this blog!) so guess I was in the creative, baking mood.

So I made these simple Peanut Butter and Jelly cookies, from Joy the Baker. Now, I bookmark a lot of recipes, and rarely do I get around to making them. But ever since I saw these sometime last week, I just couldn't get them off my mind! And there's so few ingredients involved, that I couldn't not make them.

So here's what you need:


From L - R: Raspberry preserves (although you can use any jam, jelly or preserves you want), peanut butter, an egg, sugar and baking power. See? Very simple ingredients.



The peanut butter and sugar are beaten together (which was rather difficult, damn sticky PB).



And then the egg and baking powder was added. Yummm it's starting to look real delish!

So after much licking of the beaters (cue me feeling sick but it was so worth it) I scooped out the dough onto the baking sheet, which was interesting, since the dough was so crumbly and had to be rolled into a lil' ball.



And then I got to stick my finger into it (hence the term thumbpring cookies)...



And spoon on the jelly!



Out of the oven!



And about to go in my mouth...

So that was my Saturday night. Makin' cookies while listening to the Beyonce station on Pandora. Pretty sweet, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment